free and open source operating system for Pentium and compatible processors. Its purpose is to create an easy-to-use desktop operating system for the home and small office user. It was forked from the stagnant AtheOS in July 2002.Syllable is a
Features according to the official website include:
- Native 64-bit journaled file system, the AtheOS File System (usually called AFS, which is not the same as the Andrew File System)
- C++ oriented API
- Object-oriented graphical desktop environment on a native GUI architecture
- Mostly POSIX compliant
- Pre-emptive multitasking with multithreading
- Symmetric multiprocessing (multiple processor) support
- Device drivers for most common hardware (video, sound, network chips)
- File system drivers for FAT (read/write), NTFS (read) and ext2 (read)
- REBOL as system scripting language
The latest version is 0.6.6, released on May 15, 2009.
|Version||Processor||Memory||Hard drive capacity||Video card|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.